5 Tips for Dealing with your Period at School
Period-Ready at School: Navigating Menstruation with Confidence and Comfort
Dealing with your period at school can be challenging, but with some preparation, self-care, and awareness you can make the experience more comfortable. Here are five tips and tricks to help you manage your period at school:
1. Planning Ahead:
- Always be prepared for going places by keeping a small kit in your backpack, including essentials like Ruby Love's double sided pad, regular pads, tampons, wipes, and a pair of Ruby Loves period underwear.
- Using a period tracking app can also help predict when your period is likely to start, so you can be more prepared in advance.
- Ruby Love's Monthly Period Kit ensures a regular supply of menstrual products delivered discreetly to your doorstep. It helps maintain privacy, provides a consistent and various supply of products, offers educational resources, and is cost-effective, fostering a sense of empowerment and preparedness!
2. Communicate with a Trusted Friend:
- Share your situation with a trusted friend who can provide support and assist if needed. This can include coming with you to the bathroom, providing extra products if you run out, and can also give tips and tricks as well.
- If you're uncomfortable discussing your period openly, consider using code words with friends to communicate when you need to visit the restroom.
3. Dressing Comfortably:
- Wear comfortable and breathable clothing. Loose-fitting clothes can help minimize discomfort and allow for better airflow. Ruby Love's Period Proof Underwear with a built-in absorbent organic cotton liner that is perfectly angled to collect your flow, can be a great choice as well.
- Consider carrying a light sweater or jacket that you can tie around your waist in case of any accidental leaks to provide an extra layer of protection and coverage. To also avoid accidentally leaking, especially on heavier days, pair our Ruby Love Period Underwear with a Double Sided Pad for double the protection!
4. Know Your School's Policies:
- Get to know your school's policies regarding restroom breaks and carrying personal items. Knowing the rules will help you navigate the situation with confidence.
- If your school has a nurse's office, find out if they offer any resources or support for students dealing with their periods for the first time.
- Having a period kit readily available can alleviate stress and allow teens to focus on their studies without worrying about unexpected periods. It's a common and responsible practice that promotes self-care and confidence.
5. Visiting the Bathroom Regularly:
Using Ruby Love's small discreet carrying pouch, included with the First Period Kit, carries all the supplies you need, like sanitary wipes, double sided pads and period underwear can all fit inside, without making it obvious. Remember, menstruation is a natural part of life, and there's no need to feel embarrassed or ashamed. Ruby Love's products has your back!