A condition in which there is pain during menstruation is known as painful menstruation. There are certain factors which can cause painful menstruation such as hereditary reasons, excessive exercise, junk food and excessive intake of spicy food. Some of the common symptoms of painful menstruation are nausea, vomiting, pain in abdominal area, cramps on lower abdominal region, bloating sensation, excess perspiration, dizziness, backache, loose stools, and loss of appetite, mood swings, excess perspiration, uneasiness and increase in the frequency of urination.
Painful Menstruation Home Remedies >
There are several home remedies for painful menstruation which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at home without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular home remedies for painful menstruation which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest home remedies for painful menstruation is to take warm bath. It will not only relax you but will also give relief from the pain.
2. Ajwain is considered to be one of the most efficient home remedies for painful menstruation. All you need to do is fry half tablespoon of ajwain. Now add water (half cup) and allow it to boil until only half of its original content is left. Later filter this mixture and then consume it two times in a day after your meals.
3. Take eight to ten neem leaves and grind them with ginger juice until a fine paste is formed. Consuming this mixture during periods can be quite effective in curing painful menstruation.
4. Hot water bottle can be very helpful in giving relief from the symptoms of painful menstruation. All you have to do is place hot water bottle on the abdomen.
5. Fish is known to have omega-3 fatty acids which are very helpful in giving relief from the spasms. Consuming fish on regular basis will prove to be very effective.
6. Consuming unripe papaya is another significant home remedy for painful menstruation. It allows proper menstrual flow in women.
7. In order to get relief from the cramps you can try drinking chamomile tea. Take a cup of water and allow it to boil. Add dried chamomile flowers in this water and allow it to steep. Later strain this mixture. Your chamomile tea is ready.
8. Take a cup of buttermilk and then add half teaspoon of fenugreek powder with a pinch of hing. Drink this mixture two times in a day before having your meals.
9. Avoid consumption of meat and foods with high glycemic index. You can consume beetroot, green vegetables, drumsticks and bitter gourd on regular basis.
10. Cinnamon is known to have antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. All you have to do is take some powdered cinnamon and sprinkle it on your tea or breakfast.
11. Cook banana leaf with curd and little oil. Consuming this mixture will control excessive flow of blood and will give you relief from the pain.
The above mentioned home remedies for painful menstruation are some of the most effective natural remedies which are simple to use, cheap and safe.